Vox uncapped fibre
Sign up this month and get free standard installation, free activation of your fibre line, plus a Wi-Fi router!
Vox fibre network partners
Free standard installation and free activation
Sign up this month and qualify for FREE on-site installation and FREE activation of your fibre line, saving you R2733!
Free Wi-Fi fibre router
You will also get a free Wi-Fi fibre router included. The Wi-Fi enabled router connects to multiple smart devices and the router supports video streaming, VoIP calling and lightning fast browsing.
Uncapped and unshaped data
Vox fibre data is premium uncapped and unshaped data with no fair usage policy, ideal for home users with large bandwidth requirements. Vox fibre also has low latency which is perfect for gaming, voice and video streaming applications.
What our customers say
What our customers say
" Jared at DSL Telecom dealt with my application and was very knowledgeable, really great to get service like this in South Africa, well-trained staff that seem to really care."
'' My best choice of late was to go with Vox Fibre. DSL Telecom made the sign-up process a pleasure, and they kept me informed of the installation progress right up until my internet was installed."
Vox fibre FAQs
What is Fibre-to-the-home?
Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) refers to a fibre optic strand that is linked directly to your home. It is a thin strand of glass used to transmit beams of light that carry unbelievable amounts of data. This data is then used to deliver high-speed internet, video, television, security and voice services.
How does fibre differ from ADSL?
ADSL runs over existing copper wire infrastructure which is often unreliable, heavily contended and offers average speeds of around 4Mbps. Fibre, on the other hand, transmits information as light impulses along flexible glass fibres at incredible speeds, allowing users to achieve speeds of up to 1000Mbps, depending on the network operator. Fibre connections are around 250 times faster than ADSL ones.
How do I check if I'm covered for fibre services?
A sales agent will be able to assist you with checking if your address is in coverage. Fill in the form on the link below and we will check your Vox Fibre internet coverage: https://www.coveragecheck.co.za/voxfibre
How do I sign up for FTTH?
To sign up for FTTH you need to follow these easy steps:
1. Fill in your details on the quick application from www.uncappedfibre.co.za
2. Once we receive your quick form details, we will give you a call to confirm the package details.
3. A quote will be sent to you via SMS or email that will need to be confirmed and accepted.
4. We will process the deal and schedule your fibre installation.
What supporting documentation is required?
Vox will also require supporting documentation for the application
Clear copy of ID (A certified copy is preferred*)
Proof of physical address (not older than 3 Months)
Please note - Vox will run a verification of your ID across the home affairs national database and should the ID be unclear, the verification will fail, in which case Vox would require you to submit a true and certified copy of your ID.
Can I use a 3rd party for payments?
Yes, you can. You will need to supply a copy of ID of the person whose bank account will be paying for the service, as well as a signed letter, that is provided to you, from that person giving you authority to use their bank account for the specified Vox Telecom service payment.
What does the installation process look like?
Here are the next steps for your fibre installation:
1) Site Assessment: A contractor assigned by Vox/Frogfoot will come to your premises to do a site assessment. They will determine if additional external or internal reticulation (cabling/conduit) is required for the installation.
2) Optical network terminal (ONT) installation: The contractor will pull the fibre into your home and install the ONT device if not already present. In some cases the ONT equipment is installed by the same contractor who conducts the site assessment. In other cases a different contractor will be used.
3) Network testing and handover to Vox: The network will remotely test the connection and once testing has passed, the project is handed over to Vox.
4) CPE (Customer premises equipment) installation: Vox will then send a technician to install the fibre router at your home. Once the router is connected, you will be up and running on your new Vox fibre connection.
Your fibre line installation time-frame is dependent on the network infrastructure provider, the average installation times is 7 - 21 working days.
How long does the process take once the application form has been submitted?
FTTH applications can take 7 - 21 working days. Please ensure you get your paperwork in with the correct supporting documentation ready to enable a smoother process.
Top tips to ensure speedy installation:
1) Make sure any Vox Telecom accounts you may have are paid up (including fixed line accounts on Vox Telecom's side) otherwise Vox Telecom will not process new applications.
2) Ensure your application form is filled in accurately and legibly, with the correct supporting documents. If you are in a planned fibre area, then there is no time frame for installation, but we suggest doing the paperwork now so you can be first in line when the fibre is live.
How long are the contracts and what happens if I want to cancel?
Uncapped fibre is on a month-to-month contract with a minimum commitment of 12 months. Should the package be cancelled within the first 12 months, you will be charged a once-off cancellation penalty. After 12 months the package can be cancelled with 30 days’ notice and R0 penalty.
Can I upgrade or downgrade my FTTH package?
You may upgrade or downgrade at any time, but please note that the upgrade action may attract a small upgrade fee. Downgrading within the contract term will result in a penalty payable. Cancellations on the fibre line are dependent on the contract terms agreed to with Vox Telecom and require at least one calendar month's notice.
What hardware comes with the fibre packages?
Vox Telecom will provide the client with a high-end 4-port Wi-Fi router with which the client can set up their own Wi-Fi hotspot in their home or business.
Do you supply internal Wi-Fi Boosting Access Points or APs?
If you have a large premises or home and need to extend the Wi-Fi across large areas, the best solution is always a cabled AP (Access Point Solution). We use Ubiquiti APs which plug into one of the LAN/Ethernet ports in the back of your router with a cable. The cable is then run from the router (normally through the roof etc.) to the area you desire the Wi-Fi coverage. The AP is then attached to the ceiling similar to how a light fixture is fitted. Email us to request pricing and a solution quotation.
How does Vox billing work?
Monthly subscriptions are billed in advance while set up fees and top-ups are billed in arrears.
Example: If your invoice date is the 1st March, Vox will add to that invoice your full package subscription cost covering the upfront period (01 March – 31 March). Your first bill will also include a pro-rated period of billing from when the fibre was activated up until the next billing run where your full subscription will be added, so your first bill may look a lot higher than your base package cost as it may include a pro-rated billing portion from the previous period.
Can I make calls over my fibre line?
Yes you can, using the DSL Telecom VoIP phone. Click here to view VoIP packages www.uncappedvoip.co.za
Do I need a voice line/number?
No. Fibre runs completely independently of your traditional voice (analogue/copper) line.
When does number porting happen?
Most often porting of your old Telkom analogue number will take place after the Vox installation has been done at the client premises. Vox Telecom will always provision an 087 telephone number for the client as default. You will need to contact DSL Telecom with a porting instruction as this process does not happen automatically. If you require number porting, please log a ticket to email@example.com and we will arrange the port for you. You will need to provide us with the following documents:
1) Copy of your latest Telkom phone bill (showing the line number you want ported and account number)
2) You need to complete the porting document
Porting takes between 10 and 15 working days from the date that the completed document has been received by DSL Telecom.
What if I require a telephone line service as well?
Uncapped fibre comes with an uncapped voice service so you can make as many calls you want at no extra cost. To view our VoIP voice deals visit www.uncappedvoip.co.za
What if I move premises, can I take my fibre line with me?
You will not be able to transfer the service unless the new premises that you are moving into is also covered for the Vox FTTH service. Please send your signed customer order form (COF) and supporting documents to DSL Telecom, who will process the entire application for you. The address that you are relocating to needs to be covered for Vox Fibre.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 086 582 9038
Get in touch
Speak to one of our fibre specialists or check your fibre coverage by clicking on the button below